Why should I apply for the Young Scholars Program?
There are essentially two reasons to apply:
- By applying, you have a shot at being selected.
- Even if you’re not selected – and, let’s face it, more than 90% of applicants aren’t – the benefits of applying are great. By completing the application, you become a contender, and that alone builds confidence and elevates your expectations. Additionally, completing the Young Scholars Program application is excellent practice in applying for future scholarships. You’ll learn how to gather and organize financial records, solicit teacher recommendations and write compelling essays. Applying for the Young Scholars Program is a skill-building exercise that will benefit you for many years to come!
What do I get out of the program?
The Foundation lists lots of benefits, but here's the breakdown of services:
- Guidance in selecting a high school and, if necessary, support in applying to a private or magnet high school.
- Summer academic or enrichment programs.
- Computers, software, or other learning technology.
- Specialized support in music, art, science, math, or other subjects.
- Connection with a nationwide community of Young Scholars.
- Resources for career exploration and mentorship.
- College advising and counseling.