- All WATS participants MUST register with WATS before registering with the test company, regardless of whether they are returning students. This is critical in ensuring that WATS receives test scores to allow students full program benefits. If a student learns of WATS late, we can accommodate participation in WATS after testing reports have been received. Please call regarding this unique scenario, and keep in mind scores will report on students' permanent records this way.
- Submit a completed WATS application and $45 talent search fee to the WATS office by the appropriate deadline. For those requesting the EXPLORE or ACT tests, an additional test fee needs to be sent along with the WATS application and talent search fee. Only send ONE $45 fee per student, regardless of how many tests your student chooses to take. The $45 WATS fee is nonrefundable, even if you choose not to or are unable to test.
For SAT One check=$45 (WATS fee)
You will send the $50 SAT test fee directly to SAT.
For ACT One check=$85 (WATS fee + $40 ACT fees) For EXPLORE One check=$77 (WATS fee + $32 EXP fees) SAT + ACT One check=$85 (WATS + ACT [SAT paid later]) SAT + EXPLORE One check=$77 (WATS fee + EXP [SAT paid later]) ACT + EXPLORE One check=$117 (WATS fee + ACT + EXP) All 3 Tests One check=$117 (WATS fee+ACT+EXP [SAT later)
Checks should be made payable to: CNDC CBK.
CBK can accept credit card payments through PayPal
PAYMENT USING PAYPAL ACCOUNT OR CREDIT CARD - YOU MUST INCLUDE A RECEIPT FOR THIS TRANSACTION WITH YOUR APPLICATION OR IT WILL VOID!
DIRECTIONS TO USE PAYPAL SYSTEM:
You will need to set up a secure account with
PayPal to complete your transaction.
From the drop-down menu, select the item you would like to pay, then click "add to cart." Once you verify the item is in your shopping cart on your PayPal account, click "continue shopping" - your web browser may prompt you to close the PayPal window for security purposes - this will not cancel your order. Online payments do incur a percentage processing fee for this convenience, built into listed amounts. Review your cart for accuracy and then PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
Please make sure to print a receipt upon transaction.
- The WATS office mails SAT test registration materials to the student’s home once the completed WATS application is processed by the WATS office. Processing takes 3-5 weeks.
- If taking the SAT, once the test registration packet is received (the second mailing you will acquire that includes test company materials such as the scantron registration sheet), the student must complete the test application and mail it with the test fee to the test company. The test fee is: SAT ($50). Remember, the SAT test fees are paid to the test company, not to WATS - this includes any late fee for SAT. Use the enclosed instruction packet to fill out the SAT application correctly - all of the provided codes are critical.
- If taking EXPLORE or ACT, fill out the test site location codes directly on the WATS application. No secondary registration is required. If you are applying in the late window, include your EXP or ACT late fee with your original application to avoid delays.
- An admission ticket confirming the test date and location will be mailed to the student’s home, sometimes within one week of the test. If you have not received a ticket two weeks before the test, CALL WATS. EXPLORE and ACT do not send this information until much closer to testing, so watch your mail for both a confirmation and an admission ticket.
- Students are strongly encouraged to review the test format, time limits, and sample questions, included in the preparation info inside the registration packet.
- On the test day, the students must take the WATS Valid Identification Card (found in the directions packet that comes with SAT test registration materials, or the confirmation that comes with ACT/EXP admission tickets) and admission ticket to the test site.
- Test results are sent to both the student and the talent search office approximately 5-8 weeks after the test.
- In April, students receive access to the WATS Summer Opportunities Guide and are mailed the WATS Interpretive Guide. Students who test by the end of February and achieve eligible SAT, ACT, or EXPLORE scores will also be invited to the WATS state awards ceremonies by email. If you change your address, update it with WATS so you don't miss this important information. Please provide adult emails only - we discourage using work emails, as CBK attachments tend to be sent to SPAM in workplaces - CBK cannot be held responsible for this action by your company.